London has many good churches, and North London has many good churches, so why choose St John’s?
Practically, it is easy to get to us from much of North London, and in particular Northwest London. Our fellowship is made up mostly of people living within two or three miles from the church, both in the area immediately around the church in NW3 (Hampstead and Belsize Park), and in the surrounding parts of North London, including Golders Green, Cricklewood, Swiss Cottage, Archway and Camden. A few come from a little further, from areas including Finchley, Mill Hill and Edgware.
What can you expect to find at this north london church?
We are a local church… We serve a mixed and varied local community in our particular corner of North London, benefiting from a building that is a local landmark and is close to Hampstead Heath.
St John’s is also a varied church… We are singles and married couples, people with children and without, young and old, rich and poor, tertiary educated and primary educated. We are British and international, black and white, Jew and Gentile. But we are a united church and we aim that the barriers that Christ brought down stay down!
We also recognise that different people benefit from ministries that focus on people’s specific situations, so we also aim to be a focussed church… where men, women, children, and young people receive Christ’s word in the most effective way possible. Click the links here to see what’s on offer for adults, youth and children.
Here are some of the things we aim to be as a church:
- A growing Anglican evangelical church of all ages from many backgrounds and nations
- Committed to the prayerful preaching and living out of God’s word in the power of the Holy Spirit
- Ambassadors for Christ in our communities, workplaces and networks
- Disciple-making disciples of Christ in all areas of our lives
- Whole-hearted and joyful servants of Christ in the church and in the world
- Partners in the gospel with gospel-workers and churches in the UK and worldwide
Wherever you stand with Christian faith – just beginning to think about it or a lifelong believer – you will find a warm welcome at St John’s and many opportunities to grow in faith and serve God’s people. If you want to know more before you come, contact one of our team to find out more.